Skip to main content

Travel Escapades

Life in the last few years has been moving way too fast. Thanks to some great friends and family who share common interests in food, travel and the little nuances that keep each other happy. There is little time to ponder and you keep looking forward to the next adventure.

All this pace is exciting and fun, however sometimes you need to just sit back and rewind. Browse through what has passed by and the wonderful memories that are etched forever. The numerous hours of planning involved to make the trip perfect, find the best picturesque locations and ensure all the dots are connected. At the end when you ponder back, you start to realize it is not only the destination but also the journey that is all the more exciting.

There is a spirituality in travel that very few would relate to. Be it in a foreign land, a distant destination within your home country or just a quick get away around your city. Travel revitalizes you and hits the refresh button every time.

Seeking constant inspiration from peers and planning the next destination is something that will keep us going forever.  For when we travel; we observe, we live and we experience.



Comments

chetangb said…
V cool!! So true about the fun in the journey when we all are out together :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bridging the G A P ...

5th February 2010, close to 18 months since my last blog post. It would be unfair if I just directly start blogging without providing any “re-wind” of the 18 months. 18 months ago something changed in my life. This change was not of smaller proportions and transformed me from the non-earning to the earning cadre. I was employed with Wipro Technologies in August 2008 and transferred to Bangalore. Lots of hope, expectations, challenges along with a heavy heart of leaving behind family and friends welcomed me to the IT Capital of India. I will not blabber much about what has happened within Wipro. The sheer excitement if financial independency and making it on your own is more that one could have asked for. My stay in Bangalore was close to 4 months and in these 4 months I was re-born, with added responsibilities and much more thoughtfulness. Later somewhere around November I was moved back to Pune (what seemed to me as impossible back then). Much closer to home and all that I

The sailor who sailed his way into heavens...

When I started blogging around 3-4 years ago, I was advised by one of my friends that don't make your blog posts personal. I could not help but putting out this post. This post is in memory of my dearest dad whom I lost on 11th January,2011. "It is not what you gather , but what you scatter, that tells of the life that you have lived". He touched our lives in many ways which words cannot do justice. A man who believed in simple living and high thinking. I have always known him for the helping nature he has extended to anyone in need. He truly believed in his karma something which I guess was inherited from my grand father. My dad had been sailing the seas for the last 38 years ! Since the year 1971 he braved the tough ocean storms and fought everyday on the high seas like a warrior. His profession often required him to compromise the bond and time spent with family but he kept on putting a rock solid front and supported us throughout his entire life. A man of principle

We are at War !

I often believe that each one of us is an accumulation of multiple split personalities. Quite often one personality overshadows the others. I have a patriotic inclination from my very early childhood. Anything remotely targeted against India just enrages the Indian within me. At the other hand I am also totally supportive of world peace and harmony. The reason for this particular blog post is that the patriotic Indian within me has been enraged in the past few weeks, owing to what is happening around me. It was just a few days back that War was declared against us. I may not be correct, but these are my views which when collaborated together will enrage that Indian in each one of us. Lets rewind a little. Around 1-2 weeks back there was a serious political unrest in India. The state of the government was under scrutiny and the future leadership of India was in a dilemma. Again we all knew what happened, the utter nuisance in the parliament was broadcast around the world. India had be