Skip to main content

A change from home ....

Life sure is a roller coaster ride. Filled with all ups and downs. Everything good is balanced by something bad and vice-versa. Lets just say that the year 2008 has been one such roller coaster ride for me. Lets cut to the chase and not go into the details now. For the past few weeks it was a real dull atmosphere at home. Each one of us had got really bored of the monotonous and repetitive schedule we were following.
It was only last Friday night that an idea of family outing stuck chords in my mind. Saturday morning was sure gonna be a much awaited change at home. The day began a little early for me on Saturday morning. Got up at 9 instead of 10 :) . Asked my parents to get ready and prepare themselves for a day of fun and excitement. I was just wondering how all throughout the year we make plans and enjoy till the Everest of our lives ! But there are seldom any plans made with family. So Saturday morning, unlike the other days the monsoon clouds were too afraid to ruin my plans today. We ventured out around 9.30 AM . A 10 min drive to the Tunga restaurant in MIDC was our first pit stop. We feasted on our South Indian taste buds with Mysore Dosa and a cup of Tea [ FYI : I aint a South Indian :) ] Next we drove down to the Movie Time Multiplex in Goregaon . Decided to watch the newly released flick " Kismat Konnection ". It was a typical Bollywood flick with a liitle intelligent direction and screenplay setting it aside from the rest of its counterparts. I aint a movie reviewer so don't go on my comments :)
By now its already 3hrs and after a little bit of shopping for groceries we decided to head for lunch around 2:45 PM. The decision to treat my parents was left entirely upto me :) . So I decided to head to my college hangout in Sion. This time the one thing pleasurable about the drive was that there was no traffic at all !!! Its like the woes of over million mumbaikars were accounted for. We made it to Sion in around 25 mins Flat!!!! ( Read This for the reason behind my excitement ! ) . Lunch was at Central Peninsula , typically punjabi food. I wont divulge into the details or else you would start drooling right here :).
So now once our taste buds were satisfied again , I decided to drive down till Worli Sea Face. This was just worth the extra mile. Reached Worli Sea Face around 5 in the evening and had a splendid time out there. The calm ocean waves seemed like cleansing our aura ... You have to be there to just experience what I am talking about.
Its 5.30 PM now and we decide to head back home. In between the drive my dad asks if we could grab some tea. You won't believe the next part. We are near Matunga and all I can think of is to head to that "Chai wala Tapri " we frequent every now and then. Believe me this is the best tea which is served all around in Mumbai. My parents had a really confused look as to when and how I came to know of all such places :D [ Shhhhhhhh :) ]. The tea as usual was able to refresh us to the core. We started our journey back home with added freshness :). On our way back I purchased one thing I really wanted to all monsoon . The big Umbrella for 100 bux under which you can accomodate around 6 people ! We returned back to base around 7PM.

I am glad that I got the chance to spend such a splendid and wonderful day. Quite often we need this change in our lives. No matter how small it is. A change from all your worries, a change from the monotonous life you are leading, a change from yourself ...
I am just wondering whether I correctly chose my Blog Title "Always Account For Variable Change...."

Comments

firstly its good to see ur parents been open to this kind of change. i know older ppl normally peffer not 2 tavel that to in monsoon.
Rickson Menezes said…
I heard that dialogue in the movie 21: Always account for variable change

Don't really know whether it is appropriate.
ReIncArNated said…
yeah that was a very well made movie ... loved it ... may be with likes of ur brains we could pull off a 21 someday :)
Ashutosh Roy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashutosh Roy said…
hey that must have been a nice refreshment for u n ur family. v all need such change but hardly get such an opportunity..
great going :)
sagar said…
good outing......must've enjoyed spending quality time with ur folks:)

Popular posts from this blog

Bridging the G A P ...

5th February 2010, close to 18 months since my last blog post. It would be unfair if I just directly start blogging without providing any “re-wind” of the 18 months. 18 months ago something changed in my life. This change was not of smaller proportions and transformed me from the non-earning to the earning cadre. I was employed with Wipro Technologies in August 2008 and transferred to Bangalore. Lots of hope, expectations, challenges along with a heavy heart of leaving behind family and friends welcomed me to the IT Capital of India. I will not blabber much about what has happened within Wipro. The sheer excitement if financial independency and making it on your own is more that one could have asked for. My stay in Bangalore was close to 4 months and in these 4 months I was re-born, with added responsibilities and much more thoughtfulness. Later somewhere around November I was moved back to Pune (what seemed to me as impossible back then). Much closer to home and all that I

We are at War !

I often believe that each one of us is an accumulation of multiple split personalities. Quite often one personality overshadows the others. I have a patriotic inclination from my very early childhood. Anything remotely targeted against India just enrages the Indian within me. At the other hand I am also totally supportive of world peace and harmony. The reason for this particular blog post is that the patriotic Indian within me has been enraged in the past few weeks, owing to what is happening around me. It was just a few days back that War was declared against us. I may not be correct, but these are my views which when collaborated together will enrage that Indian in each one of us. Lets rewind a little. Around 1-2 weeks back there was a serious political unrest in India. The state of the government was under scrutiny and the future leadership of India was in a dilemma. Again we all knew what happened, the utter nuisance in the parliament was broadcast around the world. India had be

The sailor who sailed his way into heavens...

When I started blogging around 3-4 years ago, I was advised by one of my friends that don't make your blog posts personal. I could not help but putting out this post. This post is in memory of my dearest dad whom I lost on 11th January,2011. "It is not what you gather , but what you scatter, that tells of the life that you have lived". He touched our lives in many ways which words cannot do justice. A man who believed in simple living and high thinking. I have always known him for the helping nature he has extended to anyone in need. He truly believed in his karma something which I guess was inherited from my grand father. My dad had been sailing the seas for the last 38 years ! Since the year 1971 he braved the tough ocean storms and fought everyday on the high seas like a warrior. His profession often required him to compromise the bond and time spent with family but he kept on putting a rock solid front and supported us throughout his entire life. A man of principle