Skip to main content

One of those nights....

Good morning everyone. Its 3:15 AM now. Its one of those nights when sleep has eluded me again. Don't be surprised, for those who know me are very well aware of my untimely sleeping schedules.

Funny thing, I was staring blank at the wall and was wondering what I could put in here at this time of the hour so that it becomes worth reading. All of a sudden I noticed how the Wall Clock in my room had stopped exactly at 3:15 AM ! Its so spooky just to even think about it , rather to blog about it. Its like time has stopped just for me. It just came to my mind what if each one of us were given a chance in our lives to stop time and be the master of all things. May be I have been watching too much of LOST, and the idea of time travel and the time-space consortium has just gone too much into my head. But lets just give it a try. What if at some instance you realized that a Bruce Almighty like scenario was presented in your lives ?
We all have been living our lives at such a rapid rate that we are getting in competition with our selves. Even if we were given a chance to realize the fact that time had stopped I am sure most of us would not have even noticed the opportunity. In our daily struggle for existence, we have been neglecting the real purpose of life. Don't be scared reading my thoughts, its just that at this time of the hour the harmony between what you are thinking and what you actually want to think is completely lost. What happens when you realize that the world has stopped and the only person active is you ?
I think it is in this time you try to figure out the real purpose of life. Instead of thinking what good or bad you have done in life, you start questioning the very reason for your existence. Flashes of your complete life start appearing before you as if you were hallucinating. Just imagine the importance of this period where your whole life until now flashes before you. Things which we would not have thought of during our entire lives start filling our Grey matter.
Such things would not have made their presence felt if we were to continue our Ultra-sonic pace of life. I believe every once in a while, we need to shift gears, take account of what is happening in our lives and just wish that time could be stopped for a while. It helps you connect with an alien within you who is pure and untouched from the atrocities of this harsh world.
"I wish we all could have one of these nights, where time pauses for a while just so as to makes us realize , that the ride along in life is really beautiful, take it slow and enjoy it while you can ...."

Comments

Rickson Menezes said…
The wish for Time to stop and shifting gears is like a "retreat", to introspect. But rather better to take an account of your life Everyday. We live life everyday, isn't it? Then why take account only on those occasions where it stops as if they are milestones. We all have a conscience and it is only right to do examination of conscience everyday for a minute. Not only when all of a sudden, Life halts which is desired and welcome.

Retreats are good though, takes you back from where you have diverged. GET ON THE RIGHT PATH!!! it says.
first of all dude can u tell me .how u added vist counter to ur blog.
please send me code.

also life is like a expressway

u hav to go fast to make most of it .if u miss one opportunity life has many more ahead. just that v should focus road ahead rather then looking back .
Unknown said…
This is so true. Time and tide waits for no one. I wish though, many a times, that time would stop for me. Or even better, time would go backwards. Nothing like it! Alas! Only if wishes were true...sigh!
Gautam said…
even i wish wat the above person wished for... i wish all the above wishes come true.

As magician said. life is like expressway and we are the vehicles. and magician bhai, aapke paas to magic hai.. all ur wishes can b true. and counter u get from anywer.. juz google it up.

yes rickson guru.. i wil take the right path.. aapke hi padhchincho pe chalunga main... retreats are good.. i wil retreat back...i wil start taking examination of my conscience everyday only for one minute. Rickson baba ki Jai ho!!!
sagar said…
Has a very eerie n spooky feel to it. Was expecting some ghostly character from Ramsay to appear any minute. lol....but a very thoughtful blog....cheers!

Popular posts from this blog

Bridging the G A P ...

5th February 2010, close to 18 months since my last blog post. It would be unfair if I just directly start blogging without providing any “re-wind” of the 18 months. 18 months ago something changed in my life. This change was not of smaller proportions and transformed me from the non-earning to the earning cadre. I was employed with Wipro Technologies in August 2008 and transferred to Bangalore. Lots of hope, expectations, challenges along with a heavy heart of leaving behind family and friends welcomed me to the IT Capital of India. I will not blabber much about what has happened within Wipro. The sheer excitement if financial independency and making it on your own is more that one could have asked for. My stay in Bangalore was close to 4 months and in these 4 months I was re-born, with added responsibilities and much more thoughtfulness. Later somewhere around November I was moved back to Pune (what seemed to me as impossible back then). Much closer to home and all that I

We are at War !

I often believe that each one of us is an accumulation of multiple split personalities. Quite often one personality overshadows the others. I have a patriotic inclination from my very early childhood. Anything remotely targeted against India just enrages the Indian within me. At the other hand I am also totally supportive of world peace and harmony. The reason for this particular blog post is that the patriotic Indian within me has been enraged in the past few weeks, owing to what is happening around me. It was just a few days back that War was declared against us. I may not be correct, but these are my views which when collaborated together will enrage that Indian in each one of us. Lets rewind a little. Around 1-2 weeks back there was a serious political unrest in India. The state of the government was under scrutiny and the future leadership of India was in a dilemma. Again we all knew what happened, the utter nuisance in the parliament was broadcast around the world. India had be

The sailor who sailed his way into heavens...

When I started blogging around 3-4 years ago, I was advised by one of my friends that don't make your blog posts personal. I could not help but putting out this post. This post is in memory of my dearest dad whom I lost on 11th January,2011. "It is not what you gather , but what you scatter, that tells of the life that you have lived". He touched our lives in many ways which words cannot do justice. A man who believed in simple living and high thinking. I have always known him for the helping nature he has extended to anyone in need. He truly believed in his karma something which I guess was inherited from my grand father. My dad had been sailing the seas for the last 38 years ! Since the year 1971 he braved the tough ocean storms and fought everyday on the high seas like a warrior. His profession often required him to compromise the bond and time spent with family but he kept on putting a rock solid front and supported us throughout his entire life. A man of principle